Real Dad Blog Version: Below are 10 qualities of a good dad.
I was thinking the other day what are some good qualities of a dad. I want to make sure I show these good qualities to my children on a regular basis.
- Strive to be a good dad – without motivation, you are lazy and nothing. Find motivation and you will have a happy fatherhood.
- Learn from your mistakes and other people’s mistakes – Mistakes are great if you learn from them and try your best not to do them again.
- Talk to your children – Yelling at a 2 year old? They learn from you. Talk to your children about the rights and wrongs.
- Read to your children – A great bonding experience plus higher IQ’s!
- Play with your children – Play has a lot of benefits like memories your children will have.
- Tell the truth always – There is no reason to lie to your kids unless you want them to lie to you too. My wife taught me that telling the truth is very important. I live my life with honesty and feel better about it.
- Treat your wife well – Your children must learn how to treat the opposite sex. They learn the majority from you.
- Treat other people well – Saying please and thank you and helping your neighbors goes a far way.
- Promote good health – You are your child’s role model of what your kids eat and how much they care about exercising.
- Want to be a dad – If you are not ready, keep it in your pants. Children are a lot of responsibility and deserve good parents.
There are many more qualities of a good dad. These are the first 10 I could think of. I will be posting more good qualities of a dad in the near future. Just remember that being a dad is an awesome thing. Your kids deserve the best.
Popularity: 93% [?]